For rowhouse families, maintaining the home and neighborhood became a point of pride, as these residents of the 1000 block of Fitzwater Street in South Philadelphia demonstrate in May 1949. Because there were so many rowhouses, rather than high-rise tenements, Philadelphia had a higher rate of home-ownership than any other big city.
This photo was taken by an Inquirer staff photographer.
Printed on matte archival photographic paper. Framed prints include a white mat.
- 5x7" viewable image printed 8x10" paper
- 8x10" viewable image printed on 11x13" paper
- 11x14" viewable image printed on 14x17" paper
- 16x20" viewable image printed on 20"x24" paper
- 20x30" viewable image printed on 24"x34" paper
Processing time for unframed prints: 10-15 business days
Processing time for framed prints: 15-20 business days
Processing time does not include shipping time. Please allow an additional 5-7 business days for shipping.