Women defense workers in 1943 rivet the turret for the waist-gun compartment of a Navy bomber, as the rest of the plane takes shape. The only airplane factory owned and operated by the U.S. Navy was at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, which had one of the largest aeronautical research laboratories in America. The Navy’s first flying boats were built here.
This photo was taken by an Inquirer staff photographer.
Printed on matte archival photographic paper. Framed prints include a white mat.
- 5x7" viewable image printed 8x10" paper
- 8x10" viewable image printed on 11x13" paper
- 11x14" viewable image printed on 14x17" paper
- 16x20" viewable image printed on 20"x24" paper
- 20x30" viewable image printed on 24"x34" paper
Processing time for unframed prints: 10-15 business days
Processing time for framed prints: 15-20 business days
Processing time does not include shipping time. Please allow an additional 5-7 business days for shipping.